Download Our Free Guide For Quick Tips To Relieve Neck Pain
Do You Experience Neck Pain and Headaches That Make It Challenging to Turn Your Head While Driving, Look Up at Overhead Cabinets, Lift Weights, Sleep, or Carry Out Your Daily Work or Household Tasks?
Our Goal Is to Help You Discover Long-Lasting Solutions!
We regularly address the following neck conditions:
- Joint Stiffness
- Tension and Muscle Strains
- Injuries & Degenerative Disc Disease
- Impaired Mechanics: Weakness and muscular imbalances can result in decreased range of motion in the joint or muscles, and stiffness can also impact posture.
- Injury: Tissue may be subjected to sudden force or strain.
- Chronic Compensations: Previous injury or the anticipation of potential injury may cause individuals to avoid utilizing certain muscle groups while overusing others.
Movement Physical Therapy and Spine Approach
Tailored Treatments for Neck Pain
- Correct posture in the thoracic (mid-back) and neck region.
- Reduce tension in the upper neck muscles.
- Enhance flexibility in neck and chest muscles.
- Increase joint mobility through manipulation, manual joint mobilization, and manual traction.
- Improve activation of the deep neck flexor and shoulder blade muscle groups.
- Increase tissue mobility with massage, instrument-assisted mobilization, cupping, and dry needling.
- Reduce nerve sensitivity (which can cause arm discomfort, tingling, and numbness) by performing specific nerve exercises.
- Advance with plyometric and functional exercises such as throwing, catching, pushing, pulling, and pressing.
Key Concepts to Be Aware Of
- Tissues can recover on their own, but at times, our body may become stuck in the inflammatory stage of tissue repair and require assistance in transitioning to the recovery stage.
- MRI and x-ray imaging results often have poor correlations with the actual source of discomfort. Tissue damage may be visible on imaging even in the absence of pain or functional impairment. Conversely, pain may be present despite no evident indications on imaging, usually resulting from excessive nerve tissue sensitivity.
- Soreness after exercise, while not the intended outcome, is not always a cause for concern. True strength gains require system overload that results in microdamage, which then grows back stronger and thicker. Soreness should be used as a gauge to determine if the tissue is ready to handle an increased load. If it is not, training intensity should be decreased until it is.
- With proper guidance, adequate mechanics, and gradual tissue loading, it is usually possible to return to previous or intended activities.
What Other People Just Like You Are Saying About Movement Physical Therapy and Spine in Huntersville, NC
51+ 5-Star Reviews!
- Yvette B.
“Working with Dr. Page has made a tremendous difference in my healing and recovery. Patients being taught how to self care is rare in today’s society, but that is exactly what Dr. Page does. Dr. Page listens to all my feedback, is patient, and takes my concerns into consideration. He is knowledgeable & experienced. My son and I have both experienced relief from tight fascia and stubborn muscle tension. If you want help with pain, stiffness, and limited mobility I recommend Dr. Page.”
- Clay S.
“I have seen a handful of different physical therapists, sports massage therapists, chiropractors, and an acupuncturist for different sports injuries including back, hip, and knee pain. Dr. Dallin has provided by far the best treatment of anyone I have visited. He gives undivided 1on1 treatment for the entire visit, and he provides you with customized solutions and exercises that treat the root issue of your pain. I truly feel like he is on my team, listens to me, and provides me with the exercises that I need to feel better. I highly recommend him!”
- Rebecca M.
“Dr. Page is a true find! Not possible to exaggerate how hard that is to discover in the healthcare world.
He takes personalized time to find the root cause and work with you on all levels to resolve the problem. I’ve had terrible sciatica all my life. And at 56 finally found the root cause. His knowledge, personal attention, easy manner and scheduling flexibility are unsurpassed.
Being active and flexible at all ages is vital and he shares that goal and will make it happen with you for your goals in life.”